He is risen! We celebrate Easter Sunday at St. Catherine Parish, with our pastor Fr. Peter Patrick Kimani presiding along with Deacon Ralph Kornberger. Click here to watch or see the video below.
Also today, at 10:00 a.m., Mike Kamenski will perform 15 minutes of live music on our Facebook page. Watch below:
And at noon, St. Sebastian will join parishes throughout the Archdiocese in the ringing of bells. Everyone is encouraged to go outside and ring your own bells of any kind for one minute from 12:00 to 12:01 p.m.. The faithful are encouraged to continue praying for the end of the Coronavirus pandemic and a return to health for our communities and for the world.
- Review the readings for the day. Mike Kamenski has provided reflections and a link to the traditional Easter “Hallelujah Chorus” in this guide.
- Celebrating Easter – Ideas for Busy Parents – How do we celebrate Easter when so much has changed, causing much chaos and a different kind of business? Check out the Pastoral Center’s “Celebrating Easter Ideas for Busy Parents”!
- Easter Echo Story – This simple echo story from HolyWeek@Home “teaches the Easter story through the emotions that were felt that day. In an echo story the leader says a line and places special emphasis on the last phrase of each sentence, the capitalized word in the script. Check out this Easter story excerpt to experience the Easter story in a touching, emotional way.
- Easter Egg Hunt with Catholic Clues – Looking for a fun, faith enriching twist to your annual Easter egg hunt? Add an extra faith component to a traditional egg hunt. Children will find a Bible verse in each egg, providing clues to where the next egg can be found.
- Easter Poem Activity – Engage with your child learning about the Easter story. Together, complete this Easter Poem, generating a keepsake of this year’s Easter celebration in the form of a lovely poem.