The Communications Committee focuses on internal and external parish communication.
- Internally, as facilitators for more efficient communication between St. Sebastian groups, committees, staff, council and parishioners, the goal is to help parishioners be aware of all that the parish has to offer and to be a parish resource in a wide variety of communication-related capacities.
- Externally, the committee gets the word out about St. Sebastian in the most appropriate ways, to help people looking for a church or a school easily find us.
The committee welcomes anyone with a gift for writing, photography, design, social media, website management, parish history, a general interest in mass communications.
Activities may include:
- Marketing – Volunteers develop new materials and strategy for promoting parish events and attracting new members.
- Parish Newsletters – Monthly newsletter from the Pastoral Council, Home & School, Teosinte, Fish Fry, Faith Formation and fish fry are distributed via email. Looking for writers, editors, graphic designers.
- Website – The St. Sebastian website uses the WordPress platform and is updated regularly with information about faith, school and community activities.
- Social Media – The parish manages a Facebook site, as well as Twitter and Linked In sites, which are currently dormant.
- Pictorial Directory – Every few years, we take time to capture our parishioners in photos. Many parishioners take this opportunity to receive a professionally produced photo of themselves or their family. Volunteers help with signing up families for photo times, welcome them when they arrive for portraits, and proofread to check for errors in the book.
- Parish Directory – The Directory is a comprehensive listing of all parish staff members, parish leaders, parish committees/organizations, and parish families. Volunteers help sell advertising and proofread the text.
- Archives – With more than 100 years of parish history, the Archives of St. Sebastian contain a substantial collection of printed materials, photographs and other artifacts detailing our parish history. A special room is dedicated to archives. Volunteers are needed to catalog information and items. Call us to locate or donate archival or historical materials.
- Parish Bulletin – Staff is always looking for content for the weekly bulletin, which is posted online and distributed at all masses.
- 55th Street Sign – The sign on the 55th street side of the school is available for general parish use.
This committee is part of the stewardship committee.
Contact: Barb Haig