Saint Sebastian Pastoral Council
The Pastoral Council of St. Sebastian Parish is a leadership group of parish members chosen from and by the parish community. The purpose of the pastoral council is:
- To be a representative forum wherein the parish laity and the pastor/parish administrator enter into study and dialogue on matters of pastoral concern.
- To serve as a consultative body, advising the pastor/parish administrator on pastoral matters affecting St. Sebastian Parish.
- To foster ongoing comprehensive planning for the mission and ministries of the parish.
- To work collaboratively with the Pastoral Council of St. Catherine Parish on cluster matters.
Our council is governed by a constitution and bylaws and consists of members from the parish at-large plus three ex-officio members – the parish priest and two trustees. The members-at-large serve a three-year term, with a maximum of two terms. Council member are selected each spring through a process of discernment with three to four members replaced yearly. The focus of our pastoral council is mission, not management. Meetings are held monthly and are open to the public, with dates, times, and agendas published in our bulletin.
The Archdiocese has directed all parishes to implement changes to the parish council structure by July 1, 2015. The name “Parish Council” will be changed to “Pastoral Council,” and we’ll also have a new and separate entity known as the Finance Council. Click here to learn more
Questions? Email us at PastoralCouncil@saintsebs.org
Council members include:
- Jeff Altenburg, School Committee
- Dillon Ambrose, Vice Chair
- Fr. Larry Chapman, Pastor
- Jim Ewig, Secretary
- Eunice Frieseke, at-large
- Michelle Hansen, Trustee Treasurer
- Judy Hill, Finance Council Liaison
- Cathleen Hoffman, Faith Formation Committee Liaison
- Lori Larch, Chair
- Carole Poth, Cluster Administrator
- Steve Ragatz, Liturgy Committee Liaison
- Edie Schwabe, Human Concerns Committee Liaison
- JoAnn Stasiewicz, Stewardship Committee Liaison
- Maricolette Walsh, Finance Council Liaison
- Margaret Wiemer, Trustee Secretary