Saint Sebastian Pastoral Council
The Pastoral Council of St. Sebastian Parish is a leadership group of parish members chosen from and by the parish community. The purpose of the pastoral council is:
- To be a representative forum wherein the parish laity and the pastor/parish administrator enter into study and dialogue on matters of pastoral concern.
- To serve as a consultative body, advising the pastor/parish administrator on pastoral matters affecting St. Sebastian Parish.
- To foster ongoing comprehensive planning for the mission and ministries of the parish.
- To work collaboratively with the Pastoral Council of St. Catherine Parish on cluster matters.
Our council is governed by a constitution and bylaws and consists of members from the parish at-large plus three ex-officio members – the parish priest and two trustees. The members-at-large serve a three-year term, with a maximum of two terms. Council member are selected each spring through a process of discernment with three to four members replaced yearly. The focus of our pastoral council is mission, not management. Meetings are held monthly and are open to the public, with dates, times, and agendas published in our bulletin.
The Archdiocese has directed all parishes to implement changes to the parish council structure by July 1, 2015. The name “Parish Council” will be changed to “Pastoral Council,” and we’ll also have a new and separate entity known as the Finance Council. Click here to learn more
Questions? Email us at PastoralCouncil@saintsebs.org
Council members include:
- Fr. Larry Chapman, Pastor
- Delbert Slowik, Chair
- Laura Abing, Stewardship/Communications Committee Liaison
- Stephen Dodridge, Education Committee Liaison
- Jim Ewig, Finance Council Liaison
- Eunice Frieseke, Vice Chair
- Michelle Hansen, Trustee Treasurer
- Cathleen Hoffman, Faith Formation Committee Liaison
- Tom Jozwik, Prayer & Worship Committee Liaison
- Turqoise Loera, Stewardship/Communications Committee Liaison
- Jen Ohlendorf, Human Concerns Committee Liaison
- Carole Poth, Cluster Administrator
- Maricolette Walsh, Finance Committee Liaison
- Margaret Wiemer, Trustee Secretary
- Andrew Zeidler, Youth Member