You can support the Food, Faith & Farming Network Winter Farmers’ Market and Meals all winter long! Just as we do at St. Sebs, these church-based community events provide an opportunity to purchase locally grown and produced goods, as well as enjoy a meal using locally sourced ingredients. A percentage of the proceeds from vendor sales is donated to the Harvest of Hope Fund, serving Wisconsin farmers in crisis situations. The complete 2017-18 market schedule is listed below.
St. Sebastian Church will host the market on March 4, 2018 but you can attend more than one event and save a little money along the way! Purchase a meal ticket for the first event you attend, then stop by the Network display table at the event and pick up a coupon for 50% off the suggested donation of your next market meal. The vendors thrive on repeat customers, so shop often!
Here’s the upcoming schedule:
- 12/3/17 – Good Shepherd Catholic, N88W17658 Christman Rd., Menomonee Falls 9:00 – 12:30
- 1/14/18 – Unity Lutheran, 1025 E. Oklahoma Ave., Milwaukee 9:00 – 12:30
- 1/21/18 – St. Catherine/St. Bernadette/Our Lady of Good Hope, 8661 N. 76 th Pl. Milwaukee, 9:00 – 12:30
- 2/11/18 – Lake Park Lutheran, 2647 N. Stowell Ave., Milwaukee, 9:00 – 12:00
- 2/18/18 – Wauwatosa Presbyterian, 2366 N. 80 th St., Wauwatosa, 9:00 – 12:00
- 2/25/18 – All Saints Lutheran, 705 Tomlin Rd., Wales, 9:30 – 12:30
- 3/4/18 – St. Sebastian Catholic, 1725 N. 54 th St., Milwaukee, Meal 9:00 – 12:00 and Market 9 – 1pm
- 3/11/18 – St. John’s Lutheran, 20275 Davidson Rd., Brookfield, 9:30 – 1:00
For more information on these upcoming events or to possibly car-pool to another church with other St. Sebastian parishioners, contact Rhonda at 414-640- 3805.
Food Faith and Farming Network gives voice to the sacred connections between land and people.
We foster rural and urban relationships and promote earth stewardship, community, spirituality and economic justice through healthy food and sustainable farming practices.
We collaborate with individuals, organizations and faith communities that share our vision.
- Southminster – 3rd year
- Good Shepherd – 6th year
- Unity Lutheran – 1st year
- St. Catherine/St. Bernadette/Our Lady of Good Hope – 1st year
- Lake Park Lutheran – 11th year
- Wauwatosa Presbyterian – 3rd year
- All Saints Lutheran – 2nd year
- St. Sebastian – 10th year
- St. John’s Lutheran – 1st year