Based on feedback from many school families and parishioners, a group of volunteers and staff has taken the initiative to improve the way people sign up to volunteer at St. Sebastian events. We have three objectives for our approach:
- Be simple for volunteers to use
- Ensure the safety of our children
- Support event continuity and leadership transitions by keeping track of tasks.
Here’s the proposed plan:
- Change the former Volunteer/Stewardship Portal to MySEBSignUp. We’ll continue to use it for volunteer-heavy events, such as Fish Fry, Winter Farmer’s Market and Christmas Boutique. We also will use it for activities that may require adults to register for the Archdiocesan Safeguarding God’s Family
- Institute SignUpGenius for simple registration, such as parent-teacher conferences, bringing food to Faith Formation gatherings, or helping with a one-time event.
- Be flexible! Some ministries don’t fit a computer-based solution, so sometimes we’ll continue to just pick up the phone and use a piece of paper.
Office assistant Pat Kennedy (email@example.com or 414-453-1061) will help coordinate questions, as will parishioner Joe Cayen (firstname.lastname@example.org). They can always use people in tech support, so please contact them if you’d like to help. As always, anytime we move in a new direction, it takes time and patience. If you have any questions or comments about the approach we are proposing, please contact Carole Poth – email@example.com.