Send resume to Joann Perleberg – jperleberg@SaintSebs.org
The Night Receptionist is responsible for answering the phones and doors and assisting all members of the Parish House in various secretarial tasks upon request. The Volunteer Coordinator serves as the primary office contact person for the use of the volunteer portal.
· High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent.
· Two years prior work experience desirable; secretarial work preferred.
· Knowledge and understanding of the Catholic Church and its mission.
· Compliant with or gain compliance with Safeguarding All God’s Family.
· Good interpersonal skills.
· Able to follow written and oral directives.
· Able to work independently and cooperatively and takes initiative.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, and Publisher).
· Proficient or able to gain quick proficiency in Word Press.
· Proficient or able to gain quick proficiency in Parish Data Systems – Church and Facilities Management.
Terms of Employment
· This position is supervised by the Cluster Finance Director (CFD)
· This is a non-exempt and part-time position.
· Compensation is hourly and is paid semi-monthly via direct deposit.
· This is a year round position.
· Must be available to work Monday-Thursday starting after 4 pm.
· May be asked to work on Saturdays
Duties and Responsibilities
· Answering the phone and door
· Interface with staff/support staff/parishioners
· Process mailings including mail merge tasks and bulk entry tasks
· Update the whiteboard calendar
· Post the new door calendar
· Update the website
· Work with staff and parishioners to write and post volunteer opportunities
· Advertise open positions and market use of the portal in general
· Direct recruiting activities by mail, email, texting, and phone calls as needed
· Approve applications and/or refer those needing background checks/safe environment compliance to Parish Staff
· Advise parishioners in creating accounts
· Help parishioners sign up for volunteer opportunities
· Run reports as needed
· File, copy, collate, mail, data input
· Sell SCRIP
· Complete requests submitted by Office Work Orders
· Update PDS as requested
· Carry out other duties and responsibilities