Despite the early snowfall, St. Sebastian maintenance staff, under the guidance of Bryan Kirkpatrick and the Buildings & Grounds Committee, completed or advanced many items over the past month.
- Most notably, the church bell speakers, which had been out of commission for months, were replaced in time for St. Sebs to participate in the all-archdiocese bell ringing on November 28 in celebration of the Archdiocesan 175th anniversary. Read more about the bells here.
- We hired a new part-time maintenance employee, Mr. Terrance Townsell.
- The south roof of the Parish house will be be replaced next week.
- School sinks have been almost completely exchanged for more water-efficient models.
- Mudjacking is finished on the prayer garden.
- Complete Construction replaced the east walkway of the church and the bottom stair of the main entrance to the church. All were generously funded by an anonymous donor.
- Midwest Security installed a new security keypad lock at the north PAL entrance for to use on days when school is not in session. It also will keep unwanted guests from entering the school through the main entrance.
- The church chandeliers and school gym lights have been replaced with new, energy-efficient LED bulbs
- We’re also saving money on energy bills as the school steam boiler is now fully functional after repairs and upgrades.
- Moving forward, we’re reviewing a proposal from Barking Pony Studios to repair the playground flagpole.
As winter weather continues, we’re always looking for volunteers to arrive at church a half-hour early to help shovel and salt the walks. Please contact Bryan at 414-397-6764 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.