(Updated August 5, 2020)
Once again, we celebrate Mass together!
- Sunday Masses at Saint Sebastian are at 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. Mass at Saint Catherine is at 9 a.m.
- The 8:00 am Sunday Mass is live-streamed on Facebook and saintsebastianonline.net.
- If for some reason Saint Sebastian cannot open the doors, the backup plan is to celebrate Mass outside. We’ll send Facebook and email notices with any updates.
We are following the Archdiocese as well as the City’s guideline for 25% of church capacity. We ask that everyone wear a mask; masks will be provided for those without them. Ushers have been through training to ensure that COVID prevention rules are observed. Here is a link to the Comeback Letter and Guidelines. We also now take each person’s temperature at the door. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher will not be allowed to enter the church.
If you are experiencing flu-like symptoms or a fever, PLEASE STAY HOME. The most vulnerable are also encouraged to please stay home. This includes:
- Those 60 and older
- Those with compromised immune systems or with underlying health concerns
- Those who are anxious about the safety of being in public places during this time
Archbishop Listecki has extended dispensation from Sunday Mass obligation to September 6, 2020. All persons may use their own discretion about attending Mass until that time. Please know that if you are not comfortable with our best efforts for sanitizing and social distancing, we will understand your decision to remain at home. We will joyfully await your arrival when you do feel comfortable returning to Mass.
Jeremiah says, “The Lord is with me, like a mighty champion: my persecutors will stumble, they will not triumph.” And he continues: “for he has rescued the life of the poor from the power of the wicked!” “Do not be afraid: you are worth more than many sparrows.” (Mt 10)
Sacraments – Baptism, First Eucharist and Confirmation eventually will be celebrated. We await the Archbishop’s decision on when and how these will occur.
We pray that all parishioners, in sharing this value of the Eucharist, will respect all new norms for celebrating Mass. We will walk together through this with faith but also with reason, with hope but also with caution, and always – with love!
Current Daily Mass Schedule
Please join Fr. Peter Patrick Kimani. In keeping with Archdiocesan guidelines, since St. Sebastian and St. Catherine have begun celebrating Sunday Masses on site, we are limited to two additional onsite Masses during the week. We are not allowed to have Communion services. With parishioner input, we have set the following:
- St. Sebastian – Facebook Live Mass on Mondays and Wednesdays at 8:15 a.m. (https://www.facebook.com/StSebsMKE – you do not need to be a Facebook member to watch).
- St. Catherine – Onsite Mass on Tuesdays and Fridays at 8.30 a.m.
All of the same health restrictions apply.