The following Liturgical Guidelines were promulgated March 19, 2020 from the Archdiocese of Milwaukee and therefore have effect upon St. Sebastian and all churches in this Archdiocese. Included here you will find not only information about masses being cancelled, but also information regarding the celebration of Marriage, Confirmation, Anointing of the Sick, funerals, and more. If you have any questions, you may call Mike Kamenski at 414-852-1854.
- In a statement dated Monday, March 16, 2020, the public celebration of the Mass has been suspended effective Wednesday, March 18, 2020. This includes both weekday and Sunday Masses celebrated publicly.
- Holy Communion may only be administered to the Faithful in the form of Viaticum (anointing of the sick), or other grave reasons only. Holy Communion is not to be distributed in a “drive-thru” fashion. Holy Communion is not to be available to be “picked up” from the parish to be brought home to family members or others. Spiritual communion should be encouraged among the faithful.
- Baptism may be celebrated with only immediate family members and Godparents present, keeping in mind the current guidance of the CDC and Health Department in regards to crowd size.
- Anointing of the Sick may be celebrated with the individual who is sick and only immediate family members and/or their caregivers present. Every precaution should be taken to prevent the spread of disease.
- Confession should still be offered but appropriate distance between priest and penitent must be maintained at all times.
- Matrimony may be celebrated; however, attendance should be limited to only the immediate family while keeping in mind the current guidance of the CDC and Health Department in regards to crowd size.
- Mass of Christian Burial and Vigils for the Deceased may be celebrated, but should be limited to only the immediate family while keeping in mind the current guidance of the CDC and Health Department in regards to crowd size.
- Confirmations are postponed through April 30. (St. Sebastian was scheduled for April 19.)
- Public celebrations of the Liturgy of the Hours, Stations of the Cross, Quinceañeras, Rosaries, Penance Liturgies, and any other liturgical or devotional gatherings are to be suspended at this time. These gatherings may resume when the public celebration of Mass resumes.