Fr. Peter Patrick has been on retreat this week week, but he will join the congregation next Sunday, as June 21 has been set as the target date to re-open the St. Sebastian church for Mass. Read more here or call the parish office at 414-453-1061 for more information.
By accepting Jesus fully, we have new life. Jesus is somehow physically present in the sacramental bread. There is no way for us to understand, but we know the truth through our presence in it. Please check out the resources staff has prepared so you may enjoy the food for the journey.
Celebrate Sunday, June 14
Watch today’s record Mass here: https://vimeo.com/426627603
- Mass Readings – In the scripture readings Jesus says “I am the living bread that came down from heaven; whoever eats this bread will live forever,” and he explains what that can mean for us.
- Liturgy & Music – Mike Kamenski presents us with an article examining the Catholic belief in the Real Presence of Christ in the Eucharist. Follow Mike’s reflection on “Panis Angelicus.” Also today at 10:00 a.m., Mike will present his Sunday Music Reflections live on Facebook. Today’s selections include:
- Taste and See – Moore
- Take and Eat – Joncas
- Panis Angelicus – Franck
- Pan de Vida – Hurd
- One Bread, One Body – Foley
- Children’s Formation – Mr. Villa and Miguel have teamed up once again with St. Sebastian Faith Formation to present “Jesus Time” – a Children’s Liturgy of the Word video, including Sunday’s readings and a fun activity for kids of all ages! Here’s a link to the bread recipe, plus puzzles and activities.
- Youth and Young Adults – Minister Margaret Lee offers an opportunity to explore our beliefs on the real presence of Christ as we celebrate the Eucharist this Sunday. In addition, there are reflection questions and a suggestion for your prayer this week.
- Adults – Adult Minister Ed Duncklee presents some questions about the readings, along with an Anti-Racism Starter Pack from Parade magazine.
Faith Formation Survey – We need your feedback! Please take this five-question survey to help the Faith Formation team understand how to best serve our children, youth and adult parish communities so that we may grow together in faith during this troubling time.
Navigating 2020 is a FREE online event to empower parish leaders (staff and volunteers) to continue to reach those they serve during these uncertain times. The Archdiocese is offering “virtual conversations” from June 14-19 at www.archmil.org/Navigating2020.
Parish Volunteers & Safeguarding – All parish volunteers and employees who work with or have contact with children and youth must be compliant with the Archdiocesan Safeguarding Policies. Part of the compliance is completion of a criminal background check and completion of a Safeguarding Workshop. Find out more and register.
If someone you know needs our prayers, you can send prayers to email@example.com. If you would like to receive the newsletter in the mail or are in need of some assistance, please be sure to let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-453-1061.
St. Sebastian & St. Catherine