Our God is a God of second chances. When we sin, God gives us another chance to come to our senses. God allows the tension between the good and the evil in our lives, and God never gives up on us – ever willing to forgive and always seeking to draw us back to the good. This takes faith and courage on our part.
This Sunday, the Sixteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time, we are called to be patient, gentle, loving and forgiving to all those we encounter throughout our daily lives. Seeing both the wheat and the weeds in ourselves helps us acknowledge them in others. Check out the resources staff has prepared as we explore this field together.
Sunday, July 19
- Mass Readings – In the scripture readings Jesus showed his patience and mercy; he gives us a chance to repent and turn to him so we may be saved.
- Adults – Adult Minister Ed Duncklee presents some reflection questions about the scripture readings. Plus, Child Minister Amy Rebholz presents what she learned at the Theology of the Body Institute.
- Liturgy & Music – Mike Kamenski shares a video of an a cappella version of “The Best of Room” and a reflection on the gospel by Richard Rohr called “Good and Evil/Saint and Sinner.” His musical reflection at 10:30 include:
- Bring Forth the Kingdom
- Jerusalem, My Happy Home
- Shall We Gather
- Soon and Very Soon
- Joyful, Joyful We Adore Thee
- Youth and Child Formation – Youth Minister Margaret Lee tells us about how Jesus used parables to teach his followers and about one specific parable. Here is the Parable of Weeds.
- St. Sebastian offers Mass inside the church at 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Please follow these instructions to stay safe and keep others from becoming ill.
- The 8 a.m. Mass is live streamed on Facebook. Mike Kamenski continues to offer his Sunday Musical Reflections at 10:30 a.m. on Facebook.
If someone you know needs our prayers, post them on our prayer wall outside church. Or you can send requests to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to receive the parish newsletter or bulletin in the mail or are in need of some assistance, please be sure to let us know at email@example.com or 414-453-1061.
God is good all the time; all the time God is good.
Blessings of peace and gratitude.
Father Peter Patrick Kimani
St. Sebastian & St. Catherine Parishes