On this Twenty-seventh Sunday in Ordinary Time, we seek to encounter quietness in the Lord. We will know the Lord’s peace, and that peace will guard our hearts and minds in Jesus. Dialogue with God does not need to be complicated; we can pray anytime, anywhere.
Anticipate Sunday, October 4
- Mass Readings – In the scripture readings we hear the vineyard of the Lord is the house of Israel about what the relationship is with our God.
- Adults & Teens – Minister Margaret Lee presents reflection questionshelps us think about how we maintain the peace of Christ in our lives.
- Liturgy and Music – Mike Kamenski presents a reflection on a performance of “All Good Gifts” from Godspell and four brief reflections on the meaning of the vineyard from four different authors.
- The 8 a.m. Mass at St. Sebastian is live on site and streamed on Facebook Live. You don’t need to be a Facebook member. Just click on the link.
- The 6 p.m. Mass at St. Sebastian is live on site.
- The 9 a.m. Mass at St. Catherine continues to be in person.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are attending Mass on site, please review the safety procedures, including taking each person’s temperature at the door. Anyone with 100.4 degrees or higher will not be allowed to enter the church. If you are not feeling well, please stay home.
- Mission Appeal Flyer – You are invited to participate in the 2020 Missionary Cooperation Plan of the Archdiocese of Milwaukee by donating to promoting justice and growth in El Salvador, as we continue out work.
- St. Vincent de Paul Annual Appeal – A member of the parish conference will be at each of the Masses on September 27 for the Annual Appeal as we celebrate the feast of St. Vincent de Paul and the founder of SVDP organization, Blessed Frederick Ozanam. To donate: there will be a basket in the Gathering Space; you can put your donation or check in an envelope marked for St. Sebastian’s Conference of St. Vincent de Paul and drop it in the mailbox at the Parish House; or you can DONATE ONLINE at the St. Sebastian’s website.
- Mass dispensation was lifted September 14, according to Archbishop Listecki. Read more here.
- Children’s Formation – Joe Sheehan, our new minister for children’s sacraments, presents the schedule for families with children preparing for First Reconciliation and First Eucharist.
- Youth Formation – Margaret Lee, youth minister, presents the registration materials for students preparing for Confirmation.
- Mike’s Sunday Concert – 10:30 AM repertoire
We Have Been ToldAll Good Gifts – SchwartzSeed, Scattered and SownSeek Ye FirstCanticle of the Sun
- Parish Website – At this moment the parish website is down, so some of the links may not work. Please try back another time.
If someone you know needs our prayers, post them on our prayer wall outside church. Or you can send requests to email@example.com. If you would like to receive the parish newsletter or bulletin in the mail or are in need of some assistance, please be sure to let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-453-1061.
God is good all the time; all the time God is good.
Blessings of peace and gratitude.
Father Peter Patrick Kimani
St. Sebastian & St. Catherine Parishes