Like the Holy Family, we are called to grow in holiness. One of the most precious gifts a parent can give to a child is an appreciation of personal prayer, family prayer and group prayer. And there is no better way to do this than by example. Sundays are communal prayer days when we meet as the big family of God. Of course, it is not always possible for families to celebrate the Lord’s Supper together as a complete family. But there should be times when the family makes an effort to do this.
Today’s Feast of the Holy Family invites us to ask ourselves about the quality of our family prayer life. In particular, it invites us to ask ourselves how well we – fathers, mothers, sons and daughters – are contributing to the prayer life of our family.
Best wishes for a blessed New Year!
Anticipate Sunday, December 27
- Mass Readings, Music and Prayer – As you read the scripture readingsthink about how to be family better. Follow along with songs and prayer.
- Reflections on the Readings and Music – Mike Kamenski presents 2 versions of “Angels We Have Heard on High” and a reflection called “The Holy Family” by Dr. Tim Muldoon.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are attending Mass on site, please review the safety procedures including a video message from Fr. Peter Patrick. If you or anyone in your household has virus symptoms, please stay home. Reminder: Face masks should cover both mouth and nose.
- Let the Good Times Roll! – Celebrate Mardi Gras St. Seb’s style by participating in our Virtual Auction, February 14-20. Sponsorships, donations of vacation rentals, gift cards, raffle items, other items of value will be greatly appreciated. Contact the St. Seb’s 2021 Auction Committee at email@example.com and one of the committee members will get back to you promptly.
- Embracing Peace and Joy – A Christmas Eve Homily from Deacon Jim Matthias.
- Sunday Concert – Mike Kamenski’s Sunday Concert will be in the afternoon. You will find it on the parish Facebook page.
If someone you know needs our prayers, send requests to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to receive the parish newsletter or bulletin in the mail or are in need of some assistance, please be sure to let us know at email@example.com or 414-453-1061.
God is good all the time; all the time God is good.
Blessings of peace and gratitude.
Father Peter Patrick Kimani
St. Sebastian & St. Catherine Parishes