THANKS for a Great Event!
About 200 people – many in letterman jackets – celebrated an evening of fellowship and intense bidding at the annual parish auction on October 22, 2016. For the first time in several years, we brought the event back to St. Sebs, which let auction-goers look at the Gathering Space and Church Hall in a new light. More than a dozen volunteers spent hours turning the spaces into a red-and-white fantasia.
After Mass celebrated by Fr. Larry, everyone enjoyed fabulous appetizers from McBob’s (including service donated by Sebs alum Christine McRoberts) and beverages. Guests bid on almost 100 silent auction items, then it was downstairs for desserts and the voice auction, featuring the energetic voice of Marquette basketball, Steve “The Homer” True. He rallied the crowd to bid ever higher on items from front-row seats at the school musical to a signed picture of Brett Favre.
The night ended in true Sebs form: Dancing to music from the Front Porch Rockers, featuring parishioners Jesus Villa and Paula Treacy.
- View photos of the event below
- A few sign-up items – including a December night of fashion and wine, a February sheepshead party, and a September family apple cider event – are still available for purchase. Just click here to purchase.
- If you missed the special request to contribute funds at the end of the night, please click here and donate.
- We’d like to hear what you thought about the event, whether you attended or not! Please click here to complete a brief online survey
Proceeds from the event go to fund parish initiatives, including the school, faith formation program and many outreach activities. For information about the 2017 Auction, contact Carole Poth – firstname.lastname@example.org
Special thanks to our sponsors!
- Friends of St. Sebastian
- Eunice Frieseke
- Judith Ortiz
- Rick & Maggie Barrett
- Nistler Law Office
- Maytag Laundry/Michael Lehmann
- Cayen Systems/Joe Cayen
- Haig/Jackson Communications/Barb Haig
(click to enlarge photos)