St. Sebastian and St. Catherine offer a variety of choices for families interested in helping children and teens become faith-filled people. Our leaders work with the pastor and other parish ministries to bring the Gospel of Jesus Christ alive in the community, in our homes, and within our hearts. The teachers – catechists – strive to be attentive to the needs and concerns of the children while remaining faithful to the Gospel challenge to proclaim the Kingdom on earth. Families may choose to participate in any program in either parish whether or not it is your “home” parish.
Click here to download information about programs and fee information, along with a combined registration form that may be used for any student faith formation programs.
- Faith Formation Classes – Grades K4-5. Held at St. Sebastian from 9:00 to 10:15 a.m. two Sunday mornings each month, this program offers scripture-centered catechetical education, take-home packets, prayer and service, and special programs for families. Classes are scheduled to facilitate family participation in Sunday morning mass. Download the Child Faith Formation handbook.
- Catechesis of the Good Shepherd – Ages 3-12. This Montessori-based approach is held at St. Catherine on Sunday mornings or Monday evenings and is rooted in Sacred Scripture, liturgy, and respect for the child’s rich relationship with God.
- Youth Ministry – Grades 6-8 and Grades 9-10. Middle school meets one Sunday morning and one evening; high school meets two Sunday evenings each month at St. Sebastian. The teens gather and serve as greeters, readers, cantors and ushers at 6:00 p.m. Mass, followed by a light potluck meal, and then a catechetical lesson. We also provide opportunities for fun, service, and faith sharing.
- Family Faith Formation – These intergenerational lessons are held four times a year and focus on a core theme. Each Family Program involves sharing food and take-home lessons for continued learning. All families are expected to participate in the Family Programs.
Click here for more information about the Faith Formation program and contacts.
We also help children and teens get ready for Reconciliation (Confession), Eucharist (First Communion) and Confirmation. Students must have completed at least one year of Faith Formation, either through Catholic school or faith formation programs, to begin the formal process of any sacrament. Registration and fees for child/youth sacramental preparation are separate from this process. Download information below.
NEW! Click here to register and pay for Sacramental Preparation online. Or, download the registration materials and send a check to the parish house.
Other Child Programs
- RCIA for Children – For children who have reached the age of reason but have not been baptized or who have been baptized in another Christian faith tradition.
- Children’s Liturgy of the Word – On the first Sunday of the month at 10:30 a.m. Mass Children up to sixth grade attend Mass with their parents and are taken to a nearby room for a Liturgy of the Word service in language they can understand. They return for the Liturgy of the Eucharist.
- Parish-wide Programs – All children in the parish, whether they attend St. Sebastian school or the Faith Formation program, are encouraged to join parish activities, including:
We offer families monthly updates, Faith Formation information, and articles related to growing in faith. To receive our monthly Faith Formation newsletter and our parish newsletter, sign up here.
We welcome and are grateful to our volunteers, who provide invaluable assistance with our classes and other programs. If you are interested in volunteering, please visit our Stewardship Portal or contact us below.
If you have any questions or concerns, including the payment of registration fees, please contact us. It is our great pleasure to serve you and your family.