St. Sebastian is known for its hospitality at mass, prophetic preaching, moving liturgies, family feel, transcendent beauty and the vibrancy of the participants, both at mass and throughout the week. The key: generous engagement from parish members.
- Liturgical Environment – Members provide ideas and means to decorate the interior and exterior of the church for its liturgical seasons and ritual actions. Creativity and numerous talents are needed, from ironing to drawing.
- Lector (Reader) – Lectors proclaim the Holy Scriptures at Sunday Masses.
- Prayer Leader – Formally trained laypersons lead a variety of prayer services, most commonly weekday communion services.
- Eucharistic Ministry – Eucharistic ministers distribute the Body and Blood of Christ at Sunday Masses. Homebound Eucharistic ministers take Holy Communion to those unable to attend Mass.
- Server – Boys and girls (fifth grade through high school) assist the priest at Mass. Adults welcome.
- Hospitality (Greeters & Ushers) – Hospitality ministers greet, assist and direct those attending Mass. Click here to download the Hospitality Handbook.
- Sacristan – Paid and volunteer positions with responsibilities that include assisting presiders and other liturgical ministers and maintaining order in the sacristy.
If you would like to volunteer for these ministries, contact Michael Kamenski, Director of Liturgy & Music, 414-453-1928 or firstname.lastname@example.org