Anticipate Sunday, October 11
- Mass Readings – In the scripture readings we hear that “Many are invited, but few are chosen.”
- Adult & Teen Formation – Minister Margaret Lee presents reflection questions helps us think about saying yes to God’s invitation.
- Liturgy and Music – Mike Kamenski presents a reflection on a performance of “My Eyes for Beauty Pine,” a reflection by Richard Rohr called “Choosing Heaven,” and the music for Sunday.
- Child Formation — Look for a new edition of “Jesus Time” coming in the Sunday morning email and on the website.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are attending Mass on site, please review the safety procedures, including taking each person’s temperature. Anyone with 100.4 degrees or higher will not be allowed to enter the church. If you are not feeling well, please stay home.
- The Combined Collections: Catholic Global Ministries will be held this week, supporting five causes important to Catholics throughout the country. This collection offers a wonderful opportunity to support hands-on efforts to help people in need. Please give generously … your gift does make a difference!
- Catholic Relief Services supports charitable organizations that provide international relief and promote solidarity efforts.
- Catholic Home Missions Appeal supports missions in Appalachia and the Deep South, the Southwest, the mountain west, along with dioceses of the Caribbean and the Pacific.
- Peter’s Pence assists Pope Francis in maintaining the administration of 700 million Catholics and the special needs in Third World countries.
- World Mission Sunday funds missionary groups and activity around the world, including initiatives in our own archdiocese.
- The Church in Central and Eastern Europe collection funds the restoration and renewal of the Church in areas suffering from persecution, religious discrimination, or extreme poverty.
- Adult Formation – Jon Metz provides the fall schedule AND this Thursday’s “Getting to Know You” can be found at this link.
- Mission Appeal Flyer – You are invited to participate in the 2020 Missionary Cooperation Plan of the Archdiocese of Milwaukee by donating to promoting justice and growth in El Salvador, as we continue out work.
- Children’s Formation – Joe Sheehan, our new minister for children’s sacraments, presents the schedule for families with children preparing for First Reconciliation and First Eucharist.
- Youth Formation – Margaret Lee, youth minister, presents the registration materials for students preparing for Confirmation and complete Faith Formation materials.
Mass dispensation was lifted September 14, according to Archbishop Listecki. Read more here.
If someone you know needs our prayers, post them on our prayer wall outside church. Or you can send requests to email@example.com. If you would like to receive the parish newsletter or bulletin in the mail or are in need of some assistance, please be sure to let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-453-1061.
God is good all the time; all the time God is good.
Blessings of peace and gratitude.
Father Peter Patrick Kimani
St. Sebastian & St. Catherine Parishes